Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration. (In rare cases, the editors may consider some exceptions; please provide an explanation in Comments to the Editor, or contact the editors directly.)
- The paper and abstract contain no identifying information (including in the document properties) that would compromise anonymous review. I have checked the document properties in my Word document by going to "File"/"Info" and then "Inspect," have removed the author's name, and saved the document. Or in the case of a .pdf, I have gone to "File"/"Properties" to remove the author's name.
- I have indicated in the "Comments" box whether I qualify for the Hume Studies Prize competition (i.e., whether I am ten or fewer years from the Ph.D.). No comment = no.
- The submission file is in widely used format, such as Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, or RTF document file format. If the paper is accepted, the author will ensure that it is in MS Word, OpenOffice, or RTF to enable copy-editing.
- The text is not single-spaced. If the paper is accepted and before it goes to copy-editing, the author will ensure that it adheres to the following: double-spacing of lines; a 12-point font; italics where appropriate, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- If the paper is accepted and before copy-editing, the author will ensure that URLs for the references are provided where available.
- If the paper is accepted and before it goes to copy-editing, the author will ensure that it adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.